August 5 – Sunday Instead Of Monday – Our Annual Picnic.
We don’t have a regular Inning (monthly program) in August. Instead we have our annual picnic! And this year our picnic will be held on Sunday, August 5, 10:30 a.m.-8p.m. at the Izaak Walton League Lodge, 544 Branch Hill Loveland Rd., along the Little Miami River and Bike Trail near Loveland.
Our picnic gathering will be around 4:00 pm, but we invite you to come earlier in the day, place your picnic food in the refrigerator, and enjoy the activities that will be available.
- Bike: bring your own bike (or rent one near Nesbit Park) and bike on the Miami Bike Trail, on your own or join the group ride at 1:00 with Elizabeth.
- Paddle: You can paddle on your own or join with other members of the club. We will have a group rental rate ($15 per person) at the Loveland Canoe Rental at 10:30 with Sierra Club Water Sentinels.
- Fishing: Bring a pole and enjoy fishing the banks of the little miami river from the Izaak Walton Lodge. Catch and release please.
- Other Activities: Horseshoes, volleyball, badminton, lawn *****, corn hole and croquet sets will be available for use through out the day.
We especially invite families to join us. We’ll have some games for the young ones, and there’s a playground (slides, climbing equipment and a sand box with toys. It’s a lovely location and you may just want to come, visit with folks and watch the river glide by.
Bring your own picnic and tableware, and if you want you can bring extra to share with others. We’ll have a hot grill available starting at 4:00. If you’d rather, there are places in Old Loveland near Nesbit Park where you can purchase picnic food as well as ice cream and other treats during the day.
After the picnic, we’ll be treated to music by the The Hills of Kentucky Dulcimer Club from 5:30-7:30.
Hope to see you then,
- Directions: From I-275 East, take exit 52 towards Loveland/Indian Hill.
- Turn left onto Loveland Madeira Rd. and travel about ½ mile.
- Turn right at the first light onto Hopewell Rd. which becomes Bridge St. and, after a curve to the left, becomes Branch Hill Guinea Rd. (about ½ mile total.)
- Take the 1st left onto Branch Hill Loveland Rd/CR 19 – (No light but watch for a brown sign for Miami Riverside Park on the right. If you reach Branch Hill Miamiville Rd., you’ve gone too far.)
- After a mile on Branch Hill Loveland Rd., Izaak Walton League is on the left marked by a large yellow and green sign. (BE CAREFUL – You will immediately have to stop for the bike trail!)