Register here to join the Miami Group for our annual picnic, Sunday, Aug. 9 at the Izaak Walton League Lodge, 544 Branch Hill Loveland Rd., Loveland, OH 45140, along the Little Miami River and Bike Trail.
As we enjoy the Little Miami River this year, we’ll also be asking for
donations to match a grant targeting ongoing work to protect the river from the proposed Eastern Corridor Highway.
Folks will gather for the potluck picnic around 4 p.m., but we invite you to come earlier in the day, place your contribution in the refrigerator or coolers, and enjoy the activities that will be available.
• Ride the River (Experienced 24 miles roundtrip) – Join us at 1:30 p.m. at the Izaak Walton League Lodge as we ride south along the river to Avoca Park and back, OR
• Ride the River (Family 3 miles roundtrip) – Join us at 2:30 p.m. at the Izaak Walton League Lodge as we ride north along the river to Nesbit park for ice cream and back.
• Paddle the river – a fairly short and easy trip. Call Sandy Wood (513-731-9808) or email@example.com for time and details.
• Hike – on your own or join a group leaving the lodge at 3 p.m.
• Fishing – Try your hand at the fishing hole not far away.
• Games – Horseshoes, volleyball, badminton, lawn *****, corn hole and croquet?
• Play – Slides, equipment to climb, and a sand box with toys for the younger ones.
• Sit in the shade, watch the river float by and visit.
Gather for the potluck around 4 p.m. and we’ll eat about 5 p.m. Bring something to share for the picnic – appetizer, salad, vegetable, something to grill or a dessert – and your drink. We’ll have a hot grill, plates, plastic ware, cups, napkins and water. Feel free to bring food earlier.
After the picnic we’ll be treated to live music.
For more information about the picnic, directions, and to RSVP, contact Karen Nagel at 513-542-5259 or KMiamiGroup23@yahoo.com.
Address: Izaak Walton League Lodge, 544 Branch Hill Loveland Rd., Loveland, OH 45140, along the Little Miami River and Bike Trail.