Miami Group, Sierra Club, Annual Picnic –
Sunday, Aug. 13, 2017
In August, Miami Group DOES NOT have a monthly meeting (Inning.)
Instead, it has an annual picnic.
Our picnic will be held in Loveland at the Izaac Walton League Lodge, located between the Bike Trail and the Little Miami River.
544 Branch Hill Loveland Rd, Loveland, OH
Bring something to share for the picnic –appetizer, salad, vegetable, something to grill or a dessert – and your drink. We’ll have a hot grill, plates, plasticware, cups, napkins, water & coffee.
Come earlier in the day, place your contribution in the refrigerator or coolers, and enjoy these activities:
• If the water level on the Little Miami River is high enough you may want to paddle the river. Check our Meet-up (www.meetup.com/SierraOutings) or call 513-382-7377
• To paddle on your own or with a few friends, contact the Loveland Canoe Livery, just up the road from the Lodge.
• Bike Ride along the River (Experienced 24 miles roundtrip bike ride) Start at 1:30 at the Lodge, ride along the river to Avoca Park and back. (NOTE: Meetup details and RSVP will be on a separate post by, Evan Denenberg, one of our biking leaders.)
• For a shorter bike ride see who’s biking at 2:30 from the Lodge &ride north along the river to Nesbit park for ice cream and back.
• Hike – on your own or join a group leaving the lodge at 3 pm.
• Slides, equipment to climb, and a sand box/ toys for little ones.
• Sit in the shade, watch the river float by and visit.
• After dinner – live music.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org