What: Miami Group’s Annual Picnic
When: SUNDAY, August 14th, 2016
1:30-4:00 – Various activities (see below)
4:00-5:00 – Social Hour
5:00-8:00 – Dinner & Entertainment
Where: Izaak Walton League Lodge,
544 Branch Hill Loveland Road, Loveland, OH 45140
Please Register in advance to help us plan for the right number of attendees (especially for scheduled activities).
Folks will gather for the potluck picnic around 4 pm, but we invite you to come earlier in the day, place your contribution in the refrigerator or coolers, and enjoy the activities that will be available: • If the water level on the Little Miami River is high enough, Sandy will lead an impromptu paddle trip. If you’d like to be on her list to contact, call her: 513-731-9808.
• If you’d like to paddle on your own or with a few friends, contact the Loveland Canoe Livery, just up the road from the Izaak Walton League Lodge.
• Ride the River (Experienced 24 miles roundtrip bike ride) Join us at 1:30 at the Izaak Walton League Lodge as we ride south along the river to Avoca Park and back. OR
• Ride the River (Family 3 miles roundtrip bike ride) Join us at 2:30 at the Lodge as we ride north along the river to Nesbit park for ice cream and back.
• Hike – on your own or join a group leaving the lodge at 3 pm.
• Try your hand at the fishing hole not far away.
• Horseshoes, volleyball, lawn *****, or corn hole?
• Slides, equipment to climb, and a sand box with toys for the younger ones.
• Sit in the shade, watch the river float by and visit.
• Appetizers & conversation around 4. We’ll eat about 5pm. Bring something to share for the picnic –appetizer, salad, vegetable, something to grill or a dessert – and your drink. We’ll have a hot grill, plates, plastic ware, cups, napkins, water and coffee.
• After dinner we’ll be treated to live dulcimer music by the Hills of Kentucky Dulcimer Club. For more information about the picnic
For more information about the picnic, directions, and to RSVP, contact Karen at 513-542- 5259, [email protected]