How to get Help with Sewer Backups

Super storm of August 28, 2016 Flooding and Sewage basement backups.  If you experienced a backup of sewage (probably mixed with stormwater) the first step is to call the Metropolitan Sewer District 352-4900 and report it.  You can still report backups. MSD is responsible for cleanup (if you did the cleanup yourself you can be reimbursed), pay damages and prevent future backups.

If you could not attend or your questions were not addressed you can call the Ombudsman office which was set up by the Court, at no charge to you, to insure that the MSD Sewage in basement backups are cleaned up, claims are paid and future damage is prevented.  The Ombudsman with the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati’s number is (513) 362-2801.

Read more about the Sewage in Basement backup prevention.