Today marks the 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day. And in these trying times, there’s a special way we’re commemorating it. For the next three days, youth activists and community leaders are coming together online, via livestream, to call for a bold and equitable response to both the coronavirus and climate crises in line with science and justice.
Don’t miss this special commemoration of Earth Day as we come together to commit to a more just and equitable future. Tune in from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm ET today, Thursday, or Friday at sc.org/EarthDayLive.
See some highlights below for the next few days:
TODAY, April 22: We refuse to cooperate with business as usual.
- Around 2:45pm ET: Changing the Narrative: A Conversation on Activism, Climate Change, and Frontline Communities with Rev. William L Barber II and others.
- Musical performances throughout the day by Lil Dicky, Jason Mraz, Questlove and others.
- And so much more…See the full schedule for today.
TOMORROW, April 23: We call for divestment from fossil fuels.
- At the 1pm ET hour, leaders of the Gwich’in Nation will share their fight to protect their Arctic homelands from oil drilling and fossil fuel profiteering alongside Sierra Club’s Arctic Refuge campaign.
- At the 3pm ET hour: A Stop The Money Pipeline Political Townhall with Rep. Rashida Tlaib, Sen. Jeff Merkley, Rep. Katie Porter, Rep. Ilhan Omar
- And so much more… See the full schedule for Thursday.
FRIDAY, April 24: We commit to voting in November.
- At 3:30pm ET, Spill The Tea with AOC: A Conversation on the Green New Deal (with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Saad Amer).
- A message from Stacey Abrams around 4pm ET.
- And so much more… See the full schedule for Friday.