Global warming is accelerating, with temperatures not just rising but rising faster than ever. Net zero is the point in time where we are no longer adding heat-trapping greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. With your help we can have an impact on net zero by electrifying everything and implementing nature-based solutions everywhere.
How to electrify:
- Purchase an electric vehicle at affordable prices and receive a federal tax credit.
- Purchase a heat pump and continue to use your existing gas furnace for exceptionally low winter temperatures.
- Purchase green electrical energy through the City of Cincinnati’s Energy Aggregation Program at a low cost of $0.04957 per kilowatt-hour (Rate in effect through May 2024) for residents of the City of Cincinnati.
Implement nature-based solutions everywhere for carbon dioxide removal from the atmosphere:
- Join the national movement to build a homegrown national park in your yard.
- Plant affordable trees for carbon absorption at your home. You can purchase native trees and shrubs through the Hamilton County Conservation District before August 25, 2023. Another option is the Cincinnati Zoo: The zoo’s Bowyer Farm, near Mason, holds periodic sales of native plans. See the schedule here.
- Plant native pollinator perennials for improving biodiversity at your home.