Sierra Club Miami Group members are invited to join Metro for seven virtual community meetings, beginning January 12, to update the public and to collect feedback on the service improvements going into effect in June 2021 and beyond.
The Reinventing Metro plan focuses on transportation improvements that will ultimately boost the region’s economic development and vibrancy through improved connections to jobs and new employment centers, increased frequency, expanded service hours, new routes, and enhanced customer amenities.
In 2021, nine routes, Routes 4, 11, 16, 17, 20, 33, 43, 46, and 78 will see major improvements as part of Phase I of the plan’s roll-out, including some with 24-hour service, increased frequency and more weekend service to make using public transportation easier and more convenient.
The community is invited to attend a virtual meeting to learn more about each route improvement on the below dates and times:
- Jan. 12 6 p.m. Rt. 33 Western Hills – Glenway
- Jan. 14 6 p.m. Rt. 11 Madison Rd/ Erie Ave.
- Jan. 21 6 p.m. Rt. 4 Blue Ash – Kenwood – Ridge Road
- Jan. 26 6 p.m. Rt. 78 Springdale – Vine / Lincoln Heights
- Jan. 28 6 p.m. Rt. 17 Seven Hills/Mt. Healthy/Mt. Airy/ Northgate
- Feb. 2 6 p.m. Rt. 16 Mt. Healthy & Rt. 20 Winton – Tri-County
- Feb. 4 6 p.m. Rt. 43 Reading/ Bond Hill/ Winton Hills & Rt. 46 Avondale